DTS or Defense Travel System is a fully integrated online system that automates TDY or temporary duty travel processing. It even allows travelers to –
• Create authorizations
• Book individual reservations
• Receive approval from respective authority
• Generate payment vouchers & reimbursement slips
• Receive split reimbursements between their personal bank accounts & GTCC vendor (Government Travel Charge Card)
To avail the aforementioned benefits, a traveler or user needs to self-register with DTS. This process allows the users to create their personal profile or account in order to easily access the online DTS login portal.
How to Sign Up? : The first & foremost step to locate, contact, and consult with your respective DTA or Defense Travel Administration. The DTA will thoroughly assist the first-time users in their respective DTS login account setup by providing some critical and mandatory information (as mentioned below) :
1. DTS Site Name – The name of the post, camp, or station whereyour organization is located.
2. DTS Organization Name – The name of your organization (you’re assigned).
3. Business & Personal Contact Information – Your personal as well as official contact details.
4. Banking Information – Your personal banking information where the reimbursements will be credited.
5. GTCC Information : Information on your organization’s respective GTCC vendor.
All the aforementioned information are required in order to complete your self-registration process. Other than that, you will also need to obtain a CAC (Common Access Card), CAC PIN, and a CAC reader.
Here to note, an external CAC reader is connected to your computer through a CAC middleware software. With the help of a CAC reader, your computer & web browsers will install CAC certificates that will verify your identity & authority to access/use DTS. That’s why a CAC reader is always required before logging to your DTS login account.
How to Login? : Prior logging into your DTS account, enable the compatibility view for Internet Explorer and check if your machine has the latest JAVA version installed. Next, perform the below-mentioned steps to log in to your DTS account.
1. Open Internet Explorer or IE.
2. Insert the Common Access Card into the attached CAC reader.
3. Visit the official website of DTS login and hit the green-colored button – “Login to DTS”.
4. Next, carefully read the Privacy & Ethics Policy and then select Accept.
5. You may need to enter your individual CAC PIN if prompted.
6. Now, you will be re-directed to the “User Activation” screen. Here, you should enter your SSN (followed by a designator suffix). Here to note, if you’re an Army Reservist – enter the designator suffix “R”. Alternatively, if you’re an Army National Guard – enter the suffix “G”.
7. You will need to enter your SSN twice and then hit the “Submit” button.
8. Finally, on the following User Activation screen, you should select “Self Register” and you’ll be navigated to DTS home page.
9. From your DTS home page, place your cursor on the “Administrative” button (located at the upper-left corner) and then click on “Self Registration” from the drop down menu.
10. The “Self Registration” module will be opened where you will be asked to enter both Recommended Information & Preference Information (obtained by your DTA during Signup process).
11. After you’ve entered all the information, select Submit. You will soon receive an email from DTS with a request to verify your information. If needed, you can login back to your account, edit any appropriate field & hit “Save”.
What You Do When You Forgot Password or You Can’t Access Your Account? : If you’re facing certain problems or getting an error message while you’re trying to login to DTS – then you should immediately contact your local DTA who will assist you to recover your DTS account & regain access. Also note, in order to resolve any DTS-related issue, you should always contact a local DTA.